little learning is a dangerous thing"
Geography and Empire
England. Scotland. Wales. Britain conquered the world to find places with better weather.
Geography and Empire Sample Questions
1. Where does a Mancunian live?
2. In what city was John Cadbury's first shop?
3. What underground station is associated with Sherlock Holmes?
4. What are the bodies of water surrounding Britain called, collectively?
5. What city boasts the world's oldest passenger railway station?
6. What is the connection between Lincolnshire and Massachussetts?
7. What have the flags of Fiji and Tuvalu in common?
8. Where would you find Hillary's Chimney, named for Sir Edmund Hillary?
9. What body is the official creator of maps for Great Britain?
10. Name three of the four Bs for which Reading was famous.
Geography and Empire Answers
3. Baker Street Station
4. The Four Seas
7. They both feature the Union Jack
8. Mount Everest
9. Ordnance Survey
10. Beer, biscuits, bulbs, and bricks
Copyright (c) 2000-2003
Site created & maintained by: